Friday, March 4, 2011

Positives Post

I have no idea how to format this thing, and I don't have a catchy alliterative title for it. (Edit: Hey, "Positives Post" is alliterative! I'll go with that for now.) However, I think the important part is just doing it, for now. I don't promise consistency in future formats, or catchy titles ever.

I think I'll go with things I'm proud of (i.e. things I did that were good, perhaps things that were hard for whatever reason), things I enjoyed (i.e. things that happened to me that I liked, doesn't matter if I caused them), and things I love (this one won't be events, just people/places/objects, I think). I will try for 5 of each, and while I'm sure there will be some repetition, I will try to mix it up.

This week...

I am proud of:
  • breaking down an overwhelming, much-belated task into doable sub-goals, and finishing the first one on time! (The next sub-goal hasn't expired yet.)
  • saying what's in my head when I have been upset. I was upset a lot this week, but that just means I got more practice saying what was wrong and feeling better because of it.
  • showing up and doing the rest of something when I realized I was 30 minutes late for it, instead of canceling the whole thing.
  • getting a very important thing done a full day ahead of time.
  • asking for respect in a situation where I wasn't getting any.

I enjoyed:
  • funny tv shows (particularly How TV Ruined Your Life, episode 3).
  • making (and eating) brownies!
  • time with friends, in person and online.
  • playing with the cat.
  • waking up without an alarm and getting stuff done today.

I love:
  • freshly vacuumed floors.
  • my kitty.
  • my boyfriend.
  • math.
  • brownies.

Take care, anyone who happens to be reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment