Saturday, March 19, 2011

Weekend Positivity

Well, I'd been doing Fridays, but note how I cleverly switched to "weekend" last time so I had a little more freedom on when to do this. Thus, I didn't forget, I just waited a day. Whether that was convincing enough or not, I'm going to do it now.

I am proud of:
  • making myself rest and finally get over my illness with fever/sore throat/etc., which I had for 5ish days.
  • tutoring (online, so contagiousness was not a problem) despite the illness!
  • extending a couple of my deadlines due to illness, and notifying the affected people *before* the original deadline had passed.
  • cleaning the kitchen.
  • meeting one of my extended deadlines (I intend to meet the other one today).

I enjoyed:
  • dinner out at an awesome restaurant.
  • getting a shiny new phone and playing with it.
  • LOTRO.
  • going without an alarm all week (yay, spring break).
  • being able to wear shorts and skirts in nice weather.

I love:
  • having a clean kitchen.
  • nice spring weather.
  • my kitty, even when she loudly announces that she has brought me a toy mouse at 2:30am, when I have been asleep for an hour.
  • my boyfriend.
  • unrestricted sleep.

Take care, anyone who happens to be reading. :)

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful. I've been a part of a really great website where you can find tons of support and motivation: sparkpeople.com
    I read that you do online tutoring, do you have a background in teaching? I do not, but I am a writer and lover of the English language. Can you provide any leads on where I can do online tutoring? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen (and joined) sparkpeople, but I have a hard time launching myself into an environment full of people I don't know yet, so I haven't done anything with it.

    My primary job is teaching math, and I also do contracted tutoring for Tutor.com (http://www.tutor.com/). I believe they require that you have earned or are currently working on a degree, so if that fits you, I would highly recommend them. I know they have English/Essay tutors, so that could work for you. :)

    ReplyDelete