Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Positivity

Resuming my positivity this lovely Sunday, this time I am allowing myself to draw from the last two weeks instead of one, since I missed last time.

I am proud of:
  • putting time into creating a suitable exam review sheet, rather than just picking problems.
  • spending a lot of time writing a great exam that went over well (perhaps partly because of the thorough review sheet).
  • exercising once. I hope to pick the habit back up again long-term, as well.
  • keeping away from my favorite unhealthy coping mechanism, although I really wanted it.
  • making an appointment and getting my hair cut. I hate the phone and I'm always awkward with stylists, but I really needed it.

I enjoyed:
  • making fun of crappy TV shows with my boyfriend.
  • family gatherings.
  • time with a 3 year old who is apparently my biggest fan.
  • baking and sharing the baked goods with people.
  • finding the averages for a couple of my exams were in the 80s.

I love:
  • my boyfriend.
  • brownies.
  • diet dr. pepper cherry.
  • my kitty.
  • playing with language, and knowing people who love doing the same.

Take care, anyone who happens to be reading. :)

2 comments:

  1. 1. awww, kitty in a bag
    2. I *love* reading these posts, they always make me smile because they are so upbeat. I kind of want to copy your exact format on a blog of my own *blush*
    3. want to make an exercise pact? no pressure, just think about it. We could start small (I would need to!)
    4. diet dr. pepper cherry rocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes get her to go into the bag while playing with her, but when I took that picture she had gotten in on her own and I just found her there. It was adorable.

    I'm glad you like reading them! I feel like I mostly copied the format from http://dialecticdichotomy.blogspot.com/, although I was trying to come up with my own and it was semi-coincidental. If you decide you want to do the same or some variation, you should!

    I like the idea of a pact, too. I would love some increased accountability for the exercise. I've been trying a modest goal of 2 times per week. I had two good weeks in a row, and then I got busy for a week and sick for another and said "oh well" for 4 more. Trying not to let that happen this time.

    Finally, yep, best pop in the world. Clearly. :D

    ReplyDelete